The goal of this journey is to learn about Charles Dickens and Victorian England to better understand the context of Great Expectations.
- You will be able to work with others to successfully complete a joint task
- You will be able to navigate the internet for research
- You will be able to orally present your topic to the class
You will be assigned to a group of four and given a specific topic on Victorian England to research. As a group you will be required to become experts on your your topic and present an oral presentation to the class to teach them about your topic of study.
The Final Product:
- A 5 – 7 minute oral presentation on topic studied.
- A visual aid (i.e. a poster, PowerPoint, drawing, model, picture, etc.)
The topics and groups are as follows:
Group 1: Biographers
Group 2: Anthropologists
Group 3: Social Workers
Group 4: Union Representatives
Group 5: Prison Wardens
Group 6: Committee of Women Studies